REPORTING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
Purple News is respectful of all kinds of intellectual property rights and takes claims of copyright infringement seriously.
Purple News will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law. If you believe any Posts or other materials accessible on or from Purple News and getpurplenews.com infringe your copyright, you may request removal of those Posts or materials (or access thereto) from Purple News by submitting written notification to our Designated Copyright Agent (identified below). In accordance with the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (17 U.S.C. §512) (the “DMCA”), the text of which may be found on the U.S. Copyright Office website at http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/dmca.pdf, the DMCA Notice of Alleged Infringement must include substantially the following:
- Identification of the copyrighted work you believe has been infringed or, if the claim involves multiple works on Purple News, a representative list of such works.
- Identification of the material you believe to be infringing (or to be the subject of any infringing activity) and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and sufficiently precise information in order to enable Purple News to locate the material. If applicable, please provide the URL of the link shown on Purple News where the material may be located or any other information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the work(s).
- Adequate information by which we can contact you (including your name, postal address, telephone number and, if available, e-mail address).
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.
- A statement that the information in the written notice is accurate.
- A statement, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
- Provide your full legal name and your physical or electronic signature.
Deliver this DMCA Notice, with all necessary items completed, to Purple News' Designated Copyright Agent:
Purple News Copyright Agent 3-5 Vose Ave Sout Orange, NJ 07079
If you fail to comply will each and every requirement of Section 512(c)(3) of the DMCA, your DMCA Notice may not be effective.
Please be aware that if you knowingly materially misrepresent that certain material or activity on Purple News is infringing your copyright, you may be held liable for damages (including costs and attorney’s fees) under Section 512(f) of the DMCA.